Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

Recent Posts

 

LND150 Buffer for a Belton BTDR-3 as input of a Small Stereo Guitar Amp

Started by Kagliostro, October 09, 2026, 11:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagliostro

Hi, my name is Franco

I'm a class of 1953 tube enthusiast, known as Kagliostro at DIYItalia, EL34World, AmpGarage, and aggh.net

I have a Telefunken Musikus 5062 Stereo Suitcase Turntable (2 x 4W) that I want to convert into a small guitar amp (EDIT: 2 x Fender aa764 circuits)





As it's a stereo build, I'm thinking of using a V-front cabinet inspired by the Gibson GA-79RVT to help widen the stereo field



To further expand the sense of space, I decided to use a Belton BTDR-3 reverb module (Mono IN - Stereo OUT)

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/sites/default/files/associated_files/btdr-3.pdf

However, at the input I had to insert a buffer stage to ensure proper impedance matching and to attenuate the signal level so as not to overdrive the Belton module ( BTDR-3 Spec. Z IN = 10K - Max 1.5V - Z OUT = 220R - OUT -3 db)

While I understand something in tube circuit, solid-state designs are definitely not my suit!

With some effort and external help, I put together this LND150 buffer stage

Z IN = ~700K - Z OUT = ~650R - Gain on Q1 = 8.9x - Gain at the OUT = 1.87x







Please let me know if you notice any flaws or incorrect component values in my approach, or if it all seems completely wrong to you!

Many Thanks

Franco

tonyharker

Please dont use imgur to host your pictures. No one in UK can see them as there is a block on it. We are not allowed to see anything on the imgur site.

Kagliostro

Thanks tonyharker

OK I repurpose the post without the use of IMGUR

Hi, my name is Franco

I'm a class of 1953 tube enthusiast, known as Kagliostro at DIYItalia, EL34World, AmpGarage, and aggh.net

I have a Telefunken Musikus 5062 Stereo Suitcase Turntable (2 x 4W) that I want to convert into a small guitar amp (EDIT: 2 x Fender AA764 circuits)





As it's a stereo build, I'm thinking of using a V-front cabinet inspired by the Gibson GA-79RVT to help widen the stereo field



To further expand the sense of space, I decided to use a Belton BTDR-3 reverb module (Mono IN - Stereo OUT)

http://accubell.eparthosting.co.kr/upload/product/file0_1650341049.pdf

However, at the input I had to insert a buffer stage to ensure proper impedance matching and to attenuate the signal level so as not to overdrive the Belton module (BTDR-3 Spec. Z IN = 10K - Max 1.5V - Z OUT = 220R - OUT -3 db)

While I understand something in tube circuit, solid-state designs are definitely not my suit!

With some effort and external help, I put together this LND150 buffer stage

Z IN = ~700K - Z OUT = ~650R - Gain on Q1 = 8.9x - Gain at the OUT = 1.87x








Please let me know if you notice any flaws or incorrect component values in my approach, or if it all seems completely wrong to you!

Many Thanks

Franco