Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Standard 260 Filter Caps (starting over )

Started by Tennerondack, November 30, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennerondack

Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post.

Peavey Standard 260 from 1972. Isearched for schematic, came up dry. Waiting on PV is to get back.

I installed the new caps correctly. 42 v + & - no access detected.
There seems to be an issued with power to the pre amp. Later versions of this unit specify -15 v on the pin that feeds the cable, ground center.

The p.a. pin reads 42 volts, the center ground, and the pin that should read - 15 reads nothing. I don't know where to start.
I took a couple of pics, one back lit hoping maybe for a clue while I wait for a schematic.
Any hints where to start and what to look for ?

Many thanks.

Tennerondack

Here's one

Tennerondack

Thanks Jazz P, not quite as far as I can see in my limited experience.

I think this is closer, but it is from the booster version, but I think the same power board.

g1

Where did the rest of this thread go?  Was there not a previous page?
If whole threads are going to get scrubbed, people are not going to waste their time participating anymore.
Now we can go through a whole bunch of stuff that was already discussed?
I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination and it's very annoying.

nosaj

It's not your imagination, it's gone.  I pull this site from RSS feeds  and I can see snippets of what was there. Previous links say it's either missing or offlimits.
https://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=4518.msg36290#msg36290
nosaj

P.S.  I notified JoeCool85

Tennerondack

Humblest apologies for the inconvenience. It's my fault.
I did it.
I felt like the information I gave before was rambling and was confusing. 

I need help with this. Hope we can start again.

I see the original thread was restored. Please excuse if I violated forum rules.

g1

Thanks for your understanding.  Some of us cranky old timers get confused easily.  ;)
Some of the info is always generic troubleshooting so it is best to leave it up unless you are the only one who has posted in the thread.
On the upside, I don't think anyone who is not a moderator should be able to nuke an entire thread, so you have helped identify a flaw in the forum software.

Discussion of this amp is continuing here:
https://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=4518.15

Tennerondack

Thanks for your understanding.  Some of us cranky old timers get confused easily.   ;)

I' m one of yuz !  >:(.     ;)