Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:01:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Champion 30 DSP FX not working

Started by Mr.T Smith, February 17, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.T Smith

I have a Fender Champion 30 with DSP that I picked up for 20 bucks with an issue with the FX switch. First of most of the time I can plug my guitar in and the Amp itself works and sounds clean but after playing for about 30 minutes or so it sounds like the vibrato effect kicks on. This sounds also happens instantly if you turn either of the FX knobs. If I give the amp a good slap on the side it goes away. What I would really like to know is if there is a way to bypass the FX all together as I have no need for it.

DrGonz78

Well if the amp responds by thumping it then it would point towards loose connection or broken solder joints. Before just bypassing the effects you really should try to fix this thing. What is your experience level soldering or working on amps? Take the amp out of the cab and use a chopstick to tap around on the insides. At some point you might trigger a certain area of the board as where the fault is occurring. Looking at the schematic it appears that this is one of those cases where you can mod the amp to bypass the DSP circuit. Still I would fix the problem first since it might be fairly simple.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein