Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Amp LED's

Started by Fixr1984, September 24, 2006, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fixr1984

One of my Marshall's is an AVT50. I bought it new and less than a year into having it I fried a resistor and had to have it repaired. The repar guy said the fan quit and the output transformer got too hot and cooked the resistor. Recently (its been about 9 months since the repair) I smelled a burning smell again but havent noticed any huge performance issues. Last time the sound crackeled a little bit and slowly got worse. Now on to the LED part of my question. I have noticed that If i take a fuzz pedal (fuzzrite) and turn both knobs all the way up two of the LED's inside the amp on the board light up. I am assuming they are just being used as clipping diodes and that I'm driving the preamp pretty hard and its sending enough volts to light them. I can turn the volume and gain all the way up on the amp and they wont light. To me the amp is starting to sound a little weak and was woundering if what i described my have damaged something. I still have warranty on it but I dont want to take it in again and be without it again for a month unless there is something obviously wrong with it. Ok I'm out of breath. Any ideas?