Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

February 17, 2020, 08:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Morley Classic Wah Qestions  (Read 2430 times)

Flypaper4Morons

• Regular
  • Chip Points: 0
    • View Profile
Morley Classic Wah Qestions
« on: November 19, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
I have a Morley classic wah pedal i bought for 25$ US at a pawn shop and have been using it now for a year. I have noticed that it doesnt quiet have the "Wah" i guess im looking for. The wah doesnt start until the pedal is about 1/2 way down. Is it possible the optical sensor is dirty? There is only a on/off switch and the footboard.
 Is there a way for me to Fix this so it will have more oomph and to note: Im running this first in my chain right after my boss tu2 pedal. Ive used this with a peavey vyper 15 and my Peavey A260 SS with same results.
To specifically describe what i belive is the problem it does not have the volume Ive heard from other Wahs weather i use a fresh 9volt or a 9volt power supply.

Thoughts Ideas?,

WAH NOOB..lol

joecool85

• SSGuitar Admin
  • Legendary
  • Chip Points: 986
  • SSG Creator
    • View Profile
    • thatraymond.com
Re: Morley Classic Wah Qestions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »
I have a Morley classic wah pedal i bought for 25$ US at a pawn shop and have been using it now for a year. I have noticed that it doesnt quiet have the "Wah" i guess im looking for. The wah doesnt start until the pedal is about 1/2 way down. Is it possible the optical sensor is dirty? There is only a on/off switch and the footboard.
 Is there a way for me to Fix this so it will have more oomph and to note: Im running this first in my chain right after my boss tu2 pedal. Ive used this with a peavey vyper 15 and my Peavey A260 SS with same results.
To specifically describe what i belive is the problem it does not have the volume Ive heard from other Wahs weather i use a fresh 9volt or a 9volt power supply.

Thoughts Ideas?,

WAH NOOB..lol

I'd start with cleaning it up, then go from there.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
"New" amp: Fender Frontman 25 DSP (FM25DSP)
thatraymond.com

Flypaper4Morons

• Regular
  • Chip Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
Thanks Joe! I didnt know if anyone had previous dealings with morley but from what i gather thier products are rugged so I beleive its dirty. Will hit it with some detoxic and post results.

ENGR BUGO aka DimebuGG

• Regular
  • Chip Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Clean or wipe off dust in the LDR and LED. Adjust their positions to your liking (i.e. what you think sounds good in your ears).