Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Chip Jr. (A new preamp just for you!)

Started by sugrhigh, February 04, 2008, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugrhigh

Nothing big, so don't plan on using it in any amp over about 10W....
but I use it a lot to level out my single coil and humbuckers...

i have a bunch of ideas for it up there also so check out the article or my entire blog  :tu: (link for blog is in my sig)

n9voc

Welcome to the wonderful world of the LM386!  I am very impressed by this little chip!

I usually use it for a headphone amplifier, low power amplifier or for driving low impedance loads. 

I did find the noise factor of early LM386 units to be a bit much for preamps, however, at the time I was dealing with microphone level signals, not electric guitar signals.  (for preamps I use either a FET circuit or an NE5532)

I got my inspirations from the wonderful folks over at runoffgroove.com.  I did check out your blog, and looks great :)

Take a look over in the "schematics" section of the forum for some interesting uses of the LM386 as a guitar amp.   :tu:

sugrhigh

yeah, the noise doesn't bother me too much because i like the distortion it gives me when i use my little travel amp (the one that fits on a 1"x1" pcb...) with the tiny speaker, great for AC/DC type stuff!

but thanks for checking out the blog, i hope to finance my next amp using some of the adsense profit hehe