Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Eight Audio Kit TDA7294 and TDA2050 from India

Started by laikairawk, December 04, 2019, 08:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laikairawk

Hullo,

I'm from India and have bought the two module from Eight Audio, a company here in India. Since i've purchased the pre-assembled board their website conked out and there is no support from their side. It didn't come with any schematic or paper. Just plain board. I have the following questions. Both of them cost approximately 12 us dollars.

1. Since both boards utilised two ICs, When fitting a heatsink, do i need to used washers/insulation?

2. Since both can be used in bridge mode. How to activate this?

Thanks

Jazz P Bass

The rear tab on both ic's, both boards, is connected to the B- power supply.

If the heat sink is 'floating' and not at ground potential then there is no need to isolate the tabs.

As to bridge mode, I am not sure.
They appear to be stereo amplifiers.

laikairawk

Thank for the reply.

By floating, do you mean the heatsink is not connected to any ground and just as it is. Attached only to the ics.

Enzo

That is what he means, but really, why not just insulate it like most installations, and then it doesn't matter if the heatsink gets grounded.   You can bolt the sink right to the chassis, which ads to the sinking.

laikairawk

I am trying to find a easy way out. The heatsink is 200mm and i'm planning to use it alone. The chassis is going to be made out of MDF board. And getting an insulated screw/washer is a problem here.

Enzo

I understand.  Just a tip.  If you have access to any dead stereo receivers, they usually have their output devices screwed to a heat sink with insulators.  You could take the insulating parts from an old receiver and use them.  The screws themselves are metal, there is a step shouldered plastic washer around the screw for insulation.

g1

The datasheet for the IC's should give you and idea about bridge mode.