Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Stage Lead Issues

Started by PizzaSteve, July 06, 2019, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzaSteve

Greetings,

I have a Fender Stage Lead with an issue. When I turn on my amp, Initially most of the time there is no sound. It's almost as if the amp has a waiting period where it has to warm up. This period length is longer or shorter depending on the length of time since it was last used. If it was last used the previous day I may have to sit there a good 5 minutes before it comes to life. If it was last used an hour ago, maybe no wait at all. Switching the channel selector between the clean and dirty channel doesn't do anything. If you let it sit there for a few minutes, eventually the sound comes on and it plays fine. Other symptoms. During this waiting period when you first turn it on, if it's on the clean channel, the light for the channel selector may be lit up indicating it's on the dirty channel even though it's set to the clean channel(or the other way around). As soon as the sound comes to life this corrects itself. When in the waiting period if I turn up the volume extremely loud on either channel, I can hear the guitar faintly and this sometimes almost jump starts the amp. You turn it up, strum the guitar and hear it and all of a sudden it blows your ears out at the volume you turned it up to. Then turn it back down and usually good to go though sometimes doing this it goes back quiet again for a bit before returning to normal function. It's like the amp has to warm up before use every time. Thank you for any suggestions.

Steve

Loudthud

If the amp has an effects loop, connect a cable from Send to Return and see if that corrects the problem. Other than that, a good guess would be a fractured solder connection between pots, jacks and switches on the front panel and the PCB that holds them.