Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Orange CR120 power amp

Started by Zozobra, November 13, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zozobra

I'm certainly finding myself drawn towards the old SS or hybrid stuff these days and I want to have a crack at making a reasonably high powered power amp early next year.  While doing some digging I came across some gut shots of the Orange CR120 with a good close up of the power amp, this interests me as it looks like it could be pretty simple and the amp sounds good and is loud enough for my needs.

shot here:

https://i.imgur.com/XlgdiLG.jpg

First guesses is that it's a pair of TDA7294 chips bridged.  The amp is rated for 120W into an 8 ohm load, which is also the minimum load which looks about right for a pair of those chips.  The bottom left of the board looks to largely deal with the supply rails for the preamp and I'm guessing the 3rd large device bolted to the heatsink is a bridge rectifier for the power amp?

So to the trained eye does there look to be anything particularly interesting going on here, or is it just a pretty vanilla TDA7294 bridged circuit?