Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Looking for information about Prince guitar amps - make, not artist.

Started by bumblearse, September 18, 2018, 06:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bumblearse

Hi there.

I've had an amp sitting in my loft for the last 20 years called a Prince Stinger. It's a 40W Combo amp and just about works (with plenty of crackles and cut-outs).

I've been hunting around the internet for information, but can't seem to find anything about either the company or the amp. Does anyone here know about them, or could someone point me in the right direction?

I'm thinking of looking at the electronics to salvage the amp, but it would be good to know a little bit about it before beginning.

Thanks,
James

phatt

Hi James, and welcome. :)
If it's working but only crackles or cuts out when you turn the knobs then it might just need the pots cleaned,, also input sockets get corroded over time and cam make for intermittent connections.
Electrical cleaner spray might be a simple fix,, Deoxit I think,, just forgotten the others but ask an electronics's shop they will know what to use.  :tu:

If still no go post results and maybe some internal pictures as someone here may know the Amp.
Phil.

bumblearse

Thanks! I'll try that and then post the results back onto the board.

Appreciate the reply.

James