Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

looking for info on the Gallien-Krueger GT2000 amp

Started by smackoj, November 11, 2017, 11:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smackoj

I received a GK Gt2000 to try and repair. I have not been able so far to find a schematic for it. It uses two pcbs: 50015C pwr amp, and 50016A preamp. Everything on this amp is pretty straight forward except it uses 2 large transformers; One is obviously the power supply and it tests good. The 2nd one is on the other end of the chassis and 2 of it's secondaries go to the 2 pwr transistors (collector?). I am not sure what I am suppose to see coming off the secondaries. Someone has re-wired things inside and they had the positive lead to this 2nd transformer coming off the + pin of the bridge rectifier which is obviously DC volts going in the 2nd trans. Any help would be appreciated.

Jack D

g1

Do you mean an old 200G or 200GT ?
Then it's probably an output transformer and something like this:

Enzo

And you can always CALL G-K and ask for the drawings.

smackoj

The amp head I have is labeled GT2000 but there are lots of similarities. The amp does have a switch to change the output from 4 to 8 ohms so the output transformer is the answer I am sure. Thanks a million gents!

smackoj

this GK amp is all back together and running great. I replaced the power filter caps and corrected wiring mistakes made by someone? They did not quite figure out how to wire the 2 B+ leads off the pwr transformer to produce a positive and negative power rail. Thank goodness they didn't blow any components.  Jack D