Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Flexwave 120/212 issues

Started by abramj, May 08, 2017, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abramj

Hi all! I'm new here, and looking for some help. I recently did some work on my son's Fender Deluxe 85 red knob. (Those pesky 9 pin box jacks just don't last very long...) But chatting with my brother-in-law about this repair, he went on to explain he had a Crate amp that he purchased from Musician's Friend as a "Demo" model, and then he rambled on about plugging the pedal cables into the wrong jacks, then it not working, and something about a local amp repair shop that went out of business, and he had to go get this from them, and they said it was working ok, and he was tired of messing with it, did I want it..? Um, how much? Free! YES!

So I get it home, plug in my DC127 and viola, it seems to work. Then I start playing with it, and notice some little things, like the tuner lights are ALL ON. Then if I simply power it on and listen, it seems to Pop and Crack as the tuner lights flicker on and off? I've not plugged the foot switch in yet, but he noted the lights were not working on the switch?

I'm thinking about taking the switch apart and see that it's OK/fix it first, then go one step at a time on the amp.
Starting with the tuner.

So my questions:

1. Are there any normal issues with these I need to know about/fix?

2. Would I be able to get wiring diagrams/schematics for the amp and foot switch?

Thanks,

Joe

abramj

Hey guys/gals, I moved this over to the main amp forum after doing a few hours of testing on the Amp. At this time, I'm thinking I have a problem with the DSP foot switch cable or the switch itself, and a temperature issue with some component on the board. Going to warm it up and start shooting some freeze spray on it to locate the issue if possible.

Wish me luck!  :dbtu: