Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunn Coliseum 300 bass Schematic....  (Read 77 times)

ilyaa

• Legendary
  • Chip Points: 5
    • View Profile
Sunn Coliseum 300 bass Schematic....
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »

hey!

i know this probably is not a popular topic, as i just spent a bit too long looking for this schematic in vain.

wtf. i found one schematic for this amp and i was trying to work off of it for a bit until i started to notice some strange discrepancies - the IC used for compression in the schematic has 14 pins - the one im working on has 16! - the input IC on the schematic i was looking at was a dual op-amp - the one i'm working on is a 5534!

this is the schematic i was able to find: http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/sunn/Coliseum_300_Bass.html

anyone have one for the OTHER version, with the 16 pin compression IC and the single op-amp input IC? can't tell what the other differences are...

the power amp in working and im suspecting its the compression section that's the problem (seeing as the IC is fried beyond recognition) but i cant really work on it with this other schematic that doesn't match up at all....

interestingly enough i think this very amp has been asked about in forums through the years.......we'll see if i become just one of many!

g1

• Legendary
  • Chip Points: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Sunn Coliseum 300 bass Schematic....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »

What might the number on that 16pin compression chip be?

ilyaa

• Legendary
  • Chip Points: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Sunn Coliseum 300 bass Schematic....
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:29:25 PM »

wish i could tell you!

it blew up - charred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
* Sponsors