Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Marshall 2201 ...

Started by Mangas, October 11, 2016, 03:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangas

I was flipping through my documentation yesterday and found something you might be interested in. Rare Marshall 2201 JMP Lead & Bass 30W 2x12" Combo schematic.

Have fun ...

J M Fahey

Thanks  :tu:
Never thought Marshall would build a tall narrow "monolith"  amp  :o

Enzo

And I suspect, somewhere in front of it were found a group of monkeys banging on things with bones.

galaxiex

Quote from: Enzo on October 11, 2016, 08:45:11 AM
And I suspect, somewhere in front of it were found a group of monkeys banging on things with bones.

That's a (very) early Rock group paying homage to the god that is Marshall.  ;)

Cool amp!
Thanks for posting!
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

J M Fahey

QuoteAnd I suspect, somewhere in front of it were found a group of monkeys banging on things with bones.

A.K.A. "drummers"   :o

The more it changes, the more it stays the same.  :lmao:

jurgyman

Thanks for posting this schematic.
I recently came across one of these amps...
I cant tell from the schematic if I can operate this amp on american 220v power...
havent opened it up yet to see whats up...
Do Marshalls usually have a power source type selector?

J M Fahey

The schematic posted above does not show the power supply or transformer, so it does not help on that.
*Some* marshalls had voltage selectors, some had not; so plan B is to look at the back panel and see whati it shows.

If not clear, take a good gut picture showing power socket wires, fuse holder, switch, and transformer wires, we might see something.

Not sure what you call "220V American power", usual mains voltage available at home outlets is 120V ; although 240V are often available "inside the wall"  they are only connected to special sockets for high power appliances, such as large air conditioners, large washing machines, some ovens, etc.