Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2020, 01:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Blackstar ID Core 40 'Bricked' Problem  (Read 10075 times)

Clyde

• Regular
  • Chip Points: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Blackstar ID Core 40 'Bricked' Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
It lives!
I was able to get my hands on a working IDCore 40 & after using Flashrom/Serprog to read the data on that amps serial mem chip & writing same to the 'dead' amp it powered right up.  That's the good news.

Bad news is that the speakers are stone dead.  But... the headphone jack & USB ports work as advertised, allowing me to run thru the various amp functions using headphones or into a PC/DAW.  Also was able to log into the Blackstar 'Insider' site & performed a successful firmware upgrade. 

For speaker output the amp uses a TDA7491HV 20+20w class D audio amp & from the datasheet it appears that it is stuck in standby mode with a ground sitting on stby & mute pins (PowerSSO-36 chip).  And reverse engineering this w/o schematic is problematic at best.  But I'm still chasing things.

All about tinkering & learning for me.

galaxiex

• Legendary
  • Chip Points: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 06:37:11 PM »
Kudos you got it working!  8)

When I started following this thread I thought "good luck!" but this just shows what perseverance will do.

Tip of the hat to you sir!
If it ain’t broke I’ll fix it until it is.

Clyde

• Regular
  • Chip Points: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 10:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the comment Galaxiex.   Hopefully this might help others out there with the same issue.  There is hope.

Now if I can get a grip on the speaker problem I'll be 'done' with this.  If I prove it to the audio amp I'm not exactly looking forward to the replacement process.  Still...cool challenge trying to get it 'right'.

Scouser72

• Chipper
  • Chip Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 02:00:30 PM »
Hi Clyde,
I have exactly the same issue with a secondhand ID:CORE stereo 40.  Could you expand on what you did to use Flashrom/Serprog to read the data on that amps serial mem chip & writing same to the 'dead' amp it powered right up and share the binary you read using Flashrom/serprog?

dlbraly

• Master
  • Chip Points: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »
This is an old post, but pretty neat YouTube video you linked.
Clyde,
I would also be interested in hearing more details on what you did.