Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Flender

Started by galaxiex, October 08, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galaxiex

Just completed this... My second attempt at applying graphics to an effects box.

If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

J M Fahey

Cool   :cheesy:   :dbtu:

galaxiex

Thanks JM!  :)

I'm sure you can guess which "Famous" company made a pedal, that this one is similar to.  :lmao:

I have never seen (other than online) one of those famous pedals so cannot give a direct comparison...
but this one is capable of some very strange noises. (Octave up pseudo ring modulator kind of sounds)
Thanks to the Blend control it can be tamed, and I find it very useful for getting a nice clean/crunch rhythm sound.  8)

blackcorvo

It would be really cool if you could use a RGB LED on those pots and it changed color depending on the level of the control!

Enzo

Use dual gang pots, and the extra gang is wired to a comparator circuit that controls which LED lights.

galaxiex

Quote from: Enzo on November 16, 2015, 01:07:14 AM
Use dual gang pots, and the extra gang is wired to a comparator circuit that controls which LED lights.

That would be cool, and I see how that would work with a comparator circuit....

...but try finding dual gang pots with a clear hollow plastic shaft made for LED lighting...

Enzo

Hey, I am just the idea man, you have to come up with the parts.  I had never seen light up shafts on single pots before.

Roly

Quote from: Enzo on November 17, 2015, 12:38:39 AM
I had never seen light up shafts on single pots before.

Ditto - looks really cool.   :dbtu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

J M Fahey

A friend of mine in Peru makes his own knobs out of cast Polyester resin , which comes transparent and you add colours or whatever.
Think transparent Gibson knobs but of course he makes them any shape.
He has made transparent ones, translucid, and included all kinds of "loads" , from pearly sheen ones to small mica particles to metallic flakes, results are incredible.
He uses standard pots but adds a small Led to the side of the shaft, still under the knob, results are very good.

galaxiex

That sound pretty cool JM.  8)

Alpha clear shaft pot....

Clear pot daughterboard for pot and LED mounting.

J M Fahey

Cool :)

I guess not many resistance values are available.

galaxiex

Actually all common R's are available in both log and linear.
Even a few in reverse log.

EDIT: I should have said most values are available...

Linear:
1M

Audio:
1M

Rev Audio