Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Yamaha G100 410 Combo...Any Info?

Started by Gucio93, July 13, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gucio93

Hoping someone could help me get an idea of pricing for this combo amp. All I know is that it's vintage (late 70s early 80s most likely), solid state, and supposedly popular for its cleans. I've seen a few of the 112, 115, and 212 versions sell for anywhere from 150-250 online, but can't find anything about this 410 version.
I posted this same post on ultimate guitar and had one reply in which a user provided some extra info : it appears to be a mk i, and the amp also had a mk ii and iii version, both of which sported parametric eqs. It seems that the 410 version is a bit elusive though , I can hardly find  a thing about it online.

I'm wondering if anyone would help appraise it, as my just recently  dad got his hands on one and is looking to sell it. If anyone has any idea of what he could reasonably get for it I would really appreciate the help!

Here are some photos he took and sent me to post for him:
http://imgur.com/a/aqFpT

Thanks dudes

J M Fahey

This is not a collectors or investments Forum.
Get a copy of Fjestad´s Blue Book which deals with that.
http://www.amazon.com/Zachary-Fjestad-Blue-Guitar-Amplifiers/dp/1886768595
If you have any Technical problem we´ll be glad to help.

Gucio93

Quote from: J M Fahey on July 13, 2014, 06:08:36 PM
This is not a collectors or investments Forum.
Get a copy of Fjestad´s Blue Book which deals with that.
http://www.amazon.com/Zachary-Fjestad-Blue-Guitar-Amplifiers/dp/1886768595
If you have any Technical problem we´ll be glad to help.

Well while we're at it I may as well pick up a couple amp service books as well to spare you your oh so precious time.

Roly

It has nothing to do with time or willingness to help, in fact you have been given a very reasonable concise redirection, but you're simply asking the wrong people, we are techs, not traders.

To quote from my website;

Valuations

* And please, Don't ask me what your amp is worth - I simply don't know (and frankly, don't care). I'm a technician and player, not a trader. I do not buy, sell, or advertise amps or parts. I live on the smell of an oily rag and shop for parts at the tip and roadside hard rubbish collections, build my own gear for a fraction of new cost, so I'm truly one of the worst possible people to ask.

If you have a technical problem with an amp there is something like 200 years of accumulated repair experience here that will to bust a gut to help you, but amp valuations, like brain surgery, are simply out of our compass.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

Enzo

So quick to anger!

we are indeed techs here.  I do not buy and sell fear and so would have zero idea what it sells for.   If you want to know, google the model and see if any sites selling them pop up.  Research ebay to see what those and similar are selling for.

Mr Fahey did suggest a resource for you.

snapcracklepop

Hi folks. my first post. I bought one of these Yamaha g100 4-10's recently for $50 on craigslist. Thought if I hated the amp, I could at least use the speakers. It's loud and clean. very heavy too.
Threw my back out getting it home. Sounds nice. But the corner I put it in, that's where she's stayin'. Anyways, an answer to an old post, but it's what got me here.

J M Fahey

Congratulations, killer amp, incredibly well made.  :dbtu:

Of course you'll love it, unless your band is called "Skull full of maggots" or somethingn like that.

But many of World's best Jazz guitar players use them as their main rig, go figure.

50 bucks? ... you must be kidding  :dbtu:

Roly

Hi snapcracklepop, welcome.

Nice amp at any price, but $50 is a real score.   :dbtu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

PhredE

While I didn't own the 4x10 version, I did have a G100-112 a long, long time ago (early 1980s)... I loved it. Sorry I sold that one.  As I recall, it had a really nice 'cleans'.  For $50, yes, that is quite a find.