Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

tl071 preamp question

Started by purpletheory, October 04, 2006, 02:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpletheory

Hey guys,
I ended up building the tl071 preamp suggested in the forum(http://www.diyguitarist.com/PDF_Files/OpampGuitarPreamp.pdf)

Works great, although it is a bit dark for my tastes. I was wondering how could I brighten it up a bit, or is the idea of the circuit to color the sound by using fx in front of it? Also a side note; I didn't have any tl071's on hand when I built it so it currently has an lm741, and i read somewhere else that tl071 is generally brighter than other op amps, don't know how much it will affect the sound, I should have some by the end of the week to try out.

Thanks,
matt

joecool85

Throw a cap in front of it to block some lows.  Try a .1uF and then try bigger for more bass and smaller for less bass.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

willy1usa

Yes Purpletheo, that's a good circuit, and the tlo71 is a good sounding chip. I think you will hear a defining difference between it and the old LM741. Using the LM386 as the driver, I used the double tlo72 as the reciever for my spring reverb unit.