Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

does anyone know a good stomp builder, i failed bad :(

Started by distortion101, December 29, 2012, 08:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

distortion101

Well attempted to build my first distortion stomp and it just had a total melt down:(

Does anyone know anyone that can built a massive distortion box thats better than the MXR DD11 dime and pushes mor than the emma piswatu (spelled the last one wrong).

J M Fahey

Well, the actual DD11 costs only $112 , so ... why ask for a copy when you can have the original ?

Roly

Quote from: distortion101 on December 29, 2012, 08:17:43 PM
Well attempted to build my first distortion stomp and it just had a total melt down:(

Jeri Ellsworth says "Fail, and fail often".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhQ7d3BK3KQ
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

distortion101

its not that i want a copy of the d11 i want something that pushes a ton more distortion like emma piswaytu but more distortion.

J M Fahey

Did you notice that even powerful google has not the slightest idea as to who emma piswaytu may be? ::)

distortion101

sweet after poking around a bit i found a guy just about an hours drive that makes stomps that emulate high dollar amps. he emailed me back with a link to what he thinks is the most massive distortion pedal to date. im going to meet up with him tomorrow afternoon at his shop so he can tweek it to my like....

Roly

Quote from: J M Fahey on December 30, 2012, 04:13:48 PM
Did you notice that even powerful google has not the slightest idea as to who emma piswaytu may be?

Got me too.  Is that anything like "emma gettin'outta'here"?   :)

Enlighten us @dist.

Roly

Franco, a big hat tip for the designs, for the presentation, and for making these freely available to home builders.  You set a cracking standard for others to follow.
:dbtu:

J M Fahey

distortion101

well i met with the guy and he is amazing. he does stomps to order and custom amps. I bought a stomp that is possibly the heaviest thing ive ever heard before in my life...

J M Fahey

Cool !!!
Now record something and post it here  :tu:

Hackinblack

nice project;but a couple of things could be improved on
1. there are no filter caps around the heater smoothing circuit,i'd sprinkle small ceramics liberally here supply to ground,to kill any high freq noise before it gets to any audio sections
2. putting electrolytic caps right next to a valve/tube is not a good idea,they dry out when exposed to heat
nice PCBs though;are they available,or maybe a kit? i looked into doing something like this but the cost of post on the valves plus a hammond case was going to quadruple the cost :-\

Roly