Forum > Preamps and Effects

dspic-codec

(1/3) > >>

jfetter:
I finally got the dspic preamp board done. Is any one else doing 16bit (_Q15) dsp?
It sounds great with no noise whatsoever. Running three filters now low,mid,hi.
Not much on the internet or from Microchip on pro-audio apps. Some of the old Analog Devices code works. The 16 bit works great for this app.

I need a good integer q15 reverb and a soft limiter.

This board is not a finished gadget. It is only for developing dsp code. Has six control voltages. Audio path is 100% digital.

J M Fahey:
Congratulations. :dbtu: :dbtu:

joecool85:
Neat, I haven't done anything with digital signal processing at all yet and I'm thinking about getting into it once my son gets a little older and I have more time.  Any sound clips?  What are your plans for this?  Also, is this a board you designed?

jfetter:
Only plans are a pedal or head, maybe a combo. (I want to have something ready for production when the cheap imports go away). I will try to get a clip posted this weekend. Lost three days troubleshooting a nasty sound on one string. Turned out to be my headphone amp. I could not see it on scope so should have known. I'm now working on the WET-DRY mix having a lot of fun with it.
 Its using the dspic33fj256gp710, wolfson WM8731 and/or ti TLV320AIC codec. I have 4gb sd flash card for reverb tank. The flash should last several years with leveling(see microsoft "readyboost" http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tomarcher/archive/2006/04/14/576548.aspx ). DMA is utilized with the codec so processor has about 20% loading. The circuit itself is pretty simple. The codec takes care of anti-alias.
Schematic attached..
As mentioned I now do all work on OSX

joecool85:

--- Quote from: jfetter on December 29, 2011, 09:24:39 PM ---Only plans are a pedal or head, maybe a combo. (I want to have something ready for production when the cheap imports go away).

--- End quote ---

You're going to be waiting a while...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version