Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fahey Amplifiers

Started by J M Fahey, January 07, 2011, 12:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

Quote from: joecool85 on March 18, 2013, 12:49:01 PM
Quote from: J M Fahey on March 15, 2013, 05:08:33 PM
I'll probably send you one, will ask for address and other data when I do it.
I'm wondering about making an smps version, freight by the pound is murderous and a deal killer.
The regular post 9 Kg rate (what a 100W head weighs) is murderous U$155  :loco :duh :grr
Through EMS, the USPS "courier" it costs U$165  :( :grr
*Maybe* I can lower it to <3Kg, which means around U$80.
Not cheap but more reasonable.
Oh well.
Check http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/precios/encomiendas/internacionales and divide by 5.1 , the U$/$arg exchange rate.

For the record, I'll accept whatever you send, though I'd be more interested in a 10" or 12" combo unit than a head.  Tech 21's Trademark 30 amp only weighs 14lbs, ~6.5kg and that is loaded with the speaker ready to play.  If you could do that it shouldn't be too bad to ship.

Quote from: J M Fahey on March 24, 2013, 05:29:02 AM
OK, I'll check shipping options. :)

You know what, I take it back.  If you can only do a head that is fine too.  I could always build or buy a speaker cab.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Juan, has this progressed at all?  I'd still love to rock a Fahey amp.
thatraymond.com

J M Fahey

mmmmmhhhhh, just for kicks maybe we could trade an amp for Site services or something.
Give me an idea about how could it work.:)
Just PM me ;)

joecool85

Quote from: J M Fahey on February 01, 2014, 09:43:10 AM
mmmmmhhhhh, just for kicks maybe we could trade an amp for Site services or something.
Just PM me ;)

PM sent.
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Quote from: joecool85 on February 01, 2014, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: J M Fahey on February 01, 2014, 09:43:10 AM
Just PM me ;)

PM sent.

Did you get my PM?
thatraymond.com

galaxiex

Again, sorry for necro bumping an old thread,
but I'm curious whatever happened here?

Did joecool85 ever get a Fahey amp?

I've been listening to Fahey amps on utoob and they sound awesome!

I too, would love to buy a Fahey amp.
A Fahey amp in Canada would probably be the first!  8)

... and speaking of JM, have not seen him around here much lately... hope he is ok.
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

J M Fahey

Thanks. Haven´t been much around, very busy and solving some Legal issues (who needs enemies when Family can be more dangerous? Oh well.
I´m designing a new line of ultralight amps, like those which are all the rage right now, in part because I need to add such products anyway, and in part to be able to ship them abroad; air freight on 10 kg (packaged) worth of amp, some 22 pounds, is a deal killer.
Lower that to 2.5 or 3kg and we are talking ;)  and most important, joecool will be able to get his own  :dbtu:

joecool85

Quote from: J M Fahey on January 08, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
Thanks. Haven´t been much around, very busy and solving some Legal issues (who needs enemies when Family can be more dangerous? Oh well.
I´m designing a new line of ultralight amps, like those which are all the rage right now, in part because I need to add such products anyway, and in part to be able to ship them abroad; air freight on 10 kg (packaged) worth of amp, some 22 pounds, is a deal killer.
Lower that to 2.5 or 3kg and we are talking ;)  and most important, joecool will be able to get his own  :dbtu:
Bummer about the legal issues, but wicked exciting about the ultra light amps! Keep us posted, and good luck on both fronts!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

thatraymond.com

galaxiex

Sorry to hear about the issues. Hope it ends up well for you.

Would be awesome to see Fahey amps in North America!  :dbtu:
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

J M Fahey

joecool85

I was thinking about it, any chance there could be a reverb built into this amp?
thatraymond.com