Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need of schematics

Started by sloke123, November 01, 2010, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloke123

Hi, i'm the new guy.I have two 40watts,8ohms 8" speakers. Can anyone suggest me some simple amps scematics. :)
Ronnie

J M Fahey

You may go step by step, same as playing guitar , any sports, a foreign language, etc.
You can put those speakers in a box, homemade or not, so you have a 4 ohm one, and start with a simple amp, then go for more.
1) Start with a Ruby or even simpler, the datasheet application of the LM386.(around 1W , the level of a regular TV set)
Google around, you'll get lots of info, and even the ready-to-transfer PCB or even better, how to build it on perfboard.
It will drive your speakers nicely and sound very good.
Search this same forum also. The Scarface is an example, there are some more.
You can power it with a 9V battery and later with a wall wart.
2) Next step: a LM383/TDA2003/6/30/40/50 They go from 5W (car radio) to 15W (the classic practice amp) to 30W , good for garage bands and Pubs. Search for the "Craig Anderton LM383 guitar amplifier"
3) Graduate to a 50/60W LM3886/TDA7294. You will be *loud*.
You can drive it (as well as the 15W up ones) with some of the ROG "Tube-to-Fet" adaptations or the Rodd Elliott guitar preamp.
Don't hurry, go step by step.

sloke123

Ronnie

phatt

Er?
    But are they MI Speakers or HiFi Woofers? :o
Might make life excessively hard if they are HiFi type.
Phil.

Jack1962

you can use Hi Fi speakers in lower wattage amp projects fairly well , however once you start pushing in the neighborhood of 20 watts then it's time to invest in at least 1 good MI speaker.

Rock On