Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

My Latest Tube/Solid State Hybrid Build....

Started by Minion, February 28, 2009, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minion

Hi Folks, I just wanted to post my latest Guitar amp build for you guys...

It is Parts DIY Kit, Part Consumer gear and part Totally DIY...

It is a 100w Head , it has a Fet opamp front end driveing a 12ax7 Tube preamp with speaker simulators and Ballanced DI Output and effects loop and polarity switches and some other features (it is a Modded PAiA Kit), it has a 15 band EQ with High pass/Low pass and Notch filters , and a 100w DMOS Output stage....

It sounds Freaking awesome , especially for a heavey sound , lots of Harmonics ....

Cheers

syndromet

Thats just sick! Looks like a complicated build. Gut shots, please?

Minion

I can"t really post guts pics as I would have to take it appart and it would still be difficult as there isn"t really any room with the pannels off to get a good pic but I could post some schematics...

Here is a schematic for the preamp section...

http://www.paia.com/prodimages/siabsch.pdf

I used fet input opamps and configured it for 10x as much gain than as shown...

the EQ Section is actually consumer gear that I integrated into the unit...

For the Power amp section I used a TDA7293 100w Mosfet Power amp IC , it is the same curcuit in the data sheet under "Figure 1" .....

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/9/0ozxelyhtgfl5jsx9108fj3sqq3y.pdf

The Preamp runs off of a 12v Power trsnaformer (the Tubes run off of a CMOS Hex inverter to ramp the plate voltage up to 45v dc)

The power amp section runs off of a 2x28v 200Va power transformer giveing me 2x42v dc and has 20,000uF of capacitance per rail (40,000uF total) and uses a 15a Bridge rectifier.....

the amp has a bit of turn on thump but is increadably quiet for a high gain amp (very little humm).....

Cheers

J M Fahey

Congratulations, very interesting amplifier.
When possible post some clips.
Bye.
J M Fahey