Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 11:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Eighty-Five

Started by jchevalier, February 19, 2009, 06:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchevalier

Does anyone know the relationship between the Eighty-Five, the Studio 85 and the Deluxe 85? I just picked up an Eighty-Five and it has the year 1987 on the circuit board. From reviews on Harmony Central, the others appear to be from the same time although the Studio appears to have a 10" speaker rather than a 12". I need to order a schematic and since I don't see one listed for the Eighty-Five, I am trying to determine if the Studio or Deluxe would be similar.

teemuk

If it helps, you can find the schematic for Studio 85 from this thread:
http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=1040.msg6386

jchevalier

Thanks for the response.  I found this info in a search earlier in the week and so far it is the only technical info I have found except for a couple threads on jack replacement.  I'll probably order the schematics from Fender so was trying to make sure the Eighty-Five, the Studio 85 and the Deluxe 85 were close to the same amp.  I bought it to use at practice and for something with a clean channel to run my Vox Thomas era clone circuits through.