Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers

Solid State Amplifiers => Tubes and Hybrids => Topic started by: Kagliostro on October 09, 2026, 11:29:29 AM

Title: LND150 Buffer for a Belton BTDR-3 as input of a Small Stereo Guitar Amp
Post by: Kagliostro on October 09, 2026, 11:29:29 AM
Hi, my name is Franco

I'm a class of 1953 tube enthusiast, known as Kagliostro at DIYItalia, EL34World, AmpGarage, and aggh.net

I have a Telefunken Musikus 5062 Stereo Suitcase Turntable (2 x 4W) that I want to convert into a small guitar amp (EDIT: 2 x Fender aa764 circuits)

(https://i.imgur.com/F4YrJJw.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/Pd6oI3l.jpeg)

As it's a stereo build, I'm thinking of using a V-front cabinet inspired by the Gibson GA-79RVT to help widen the stereo field

(https://i.imgur.com/LZph04u.jpeg)

To further expand the sense of space, I decided to use a Belton BTDR-3 reverb module (Mono IN - Stereo OUT)

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/sites/default/files/associated_files/btdr-3.pdf

However, at the input I had to insert a buffer stage to ensure proper impedance matching and to attenuate the signal level so as not to overdrive the Belton module ( BTDR-3 Spec. Z IN = 10K - Max 1.5V - Z OUT = 220R - OUT -3 db)

While I understand something in tube circuit, solid-state designs are definitely not my suit!

With some effort and external help, I put together this LND150 buffer stage

Z IN = ~700K - Z OUT = ~650R - Gain on Q1 = 8.9x - Gain at the OUT = 1.87x

(https://i.imgur.com/rPsJOGb.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/Cfrntdb.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/bLrKKJJ.png)

Please let me know if you notice any flaws or incorrect component values in my approach, or if it all seems completely wrong to you!

Many Thanks

Franco
Title: Re: LND150 Buffer for a Belton BTDR-3 as input of a Small Stereo Guitar Amp
Post by: tonyharker on October 10, 2026, 10:15:49 AM
Please dont use imgur to host your pictures. No one in UK can see them as there is a block on it. We are not allowed to see anything on the imgur site.
Title: Re: LND150 Buffer for a Belton BTDR-3 as input of a Small Stereo Guitar Amp
Post by: Kagliostro on October 10, 2026, 12:07:27 PM
Thanks tonyharker

OK I repurpose the post without the use of IMGUR

Hi, my name is Franco

I'm a class of 1953 tube enthusiast, known as Kagliostro at DIYItalia, EL34World, AmpGarage, and aggh.net

I have a Telefunken Musikus 5062 Stereo Suitcase Turntable (2 x 4W) that I want to convert into a small guitar amp (EDIT: 2 x Fender AA764 circuits)

(https://i.postimg.cc/90tSGp32/Telefunken-Musikus-5062.jpg)

(https://i.postimg.cc/k47W2Fyv/Fender-AA764.jpg)

As it's a stereo build, I'm thinking of using a V-front cabinet inspired by the Gibson GA-79RVT to help widen the stereo field

(https://i.postimg.cc/7Ln2rJyH/Gibson-GA-79-RVT.jpg)

To further expand the sense of space, I decided to use a Belton BTDR-3 reverb module (Mono IN - Stereo OUT)

http://accubell.eparthosting.co.kr/upload/product/file0_1650341049.pdf (http://accubell.eparthosting.co.kr/upload/product/file0_1650341049.pdf)

However, at the input I had to insert a buffer stage to ensure proper impedance matching and to attenuate the signal level so as not to overdrive the Belton module (BTDR-3 Spec. Z IN = 10K - Max 1.5V - Z OUT = 220R - OUT -3 db)

While I understand something in tube circuit, solid-state designs are definitely not my suit!

With some effort and external help, I put together this LND150 buffer stage

Z IN = ~700K - Z OUT = ~650R - Gain on Q1 = 8.9x - Gain at the OUT = 1.87x

(https://i.postimg.cc/DfLm9bdW/LND150Pre-Buffer.jpg)

(https://i.postimg.cc/tTPCGLPH/Circuito-Parziale.jpg)

(https://i.postimg.cc/VvLTWtz0/Bourns-Curve-MN.png)


Please let me know if you notice any flaws or incorrect component values in my approach, or if it all seems completely wrong to you!

Many Thanks

Franco