Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers

Solid State Amplifiers => The Newcomer's Forum => Topic started by: saturated on October 03, 2026, 02:56:51 PM

Title: There's nothing to be gained from this
Post by: saturated on October 03, 2026, 02:56:51 PM
But I had to take a look

Assuming that a guitar creates a signal with voltage without batteries or power supply I wanted to take a look

Especially since I now have a BNC to phono jack cable hey let's take a look

IMG_20261003_132912202_HDR.jpg

Now strum (one string only) a bit and try to grab a pic on the scope

IMG_20261003_133010001.jpg

The messy "waveform" shown is only one of a myriad of varieties obtained in mere seconds  xP

I can only observe that what comes out of a guitar is much enriched with lots of components and artifacts vs a simple sin wave or something from a generator  xP

Each little harmonic or vibration is probably fighting for survival cancelling each other out and stuff  xP

I then remembered I had a frequency counter from when I was playing with some old CB radios so I thought ok let's see 440 but I didn't manage to get anything useful out of it

Maybe it would help to read the manual

IMG_20261003_135209406_HDR (2).jpg

I played whack a mole with all buttons and settings and couldn't come up with anything