Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pictures

Started by syndromet, November 19, 2006, 09:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syndromet

We need a picture-thread for the amps, too! Post your DIY-amps here!!
My little gem:

My stereo ruby:

syndromet

Pictures of my stereo LM1875. It's starting to come along now.

joecool85

I wanna see the insides  :grr

Looks go so far though  :tu:
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

syndromet

Well, the inside isn't ready yet. I blew a cap, and I'm waiting for the replacement.
This is as far as I'wecome.

joecool85

Looks pretty good, I'll be excited to see how you like it once you get it going.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

goc

Litlle Blue Amp
Two channel, first with some bf245a and second with 4049 with common tone control in big muff style. TDa7294 power amp 50W RMS
p.audio 10 inch guitar speaker.
Dimension:  very small!
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5KyMLcrTqg
pictures:

syndromet

Man, that is beautifull! ::)
Welcome to the forum! It's good to have people able to build that nice stuff with us here. :tu:

Mangas

It was originally Ross amplifier (Fame series - model Reverb 25). The sound was horrible so I modded the output stage, reverb and tone stack using the original PCB. Input gain stage, overdrive and channel switching modules were added as my own creations.

Sound sample - From clean to high gain

http://www.sendspace.com/file/it9e4o

syndromet

Looks fantastic! Well done!
Haven't had the chance to listen to the soundclip yet... What kind of distortions did you add?

Mangas

It's 4049 based overdrive - All 6 inverters used, two separate switchable sections. I wanted to make them foot-switchable but, as you can see, there is a lack of space inside the chassis.

momo

Hello everyone, this is my fist post here after lurking for only 2 days! I was looking for a place like this....here is my First Ruby build, im currently building another one with similar setup, im reading to see if im going to put a Ruby, Noisy cricket, or some cool 3-4 watt chip amp!

This particular setup works on a 12v design, also with the Ruby is a Heartthrob tremolo, great trem from MarkM at DIY stompbox, that is followed by a AMZ mosfet booster at full boost, and that is driving the Ruby.
The speakers are 10 inch CTS from 1960's, 4Ohm total. I like the vintage crunch the spkr give, and it really comes alive with a Big Muff in front of it!

jpm83

My Noisy Cricket Mk. II with 8" speaker. Sounds great.  

Janne

syndromet

Damn, momo and jpm83! Those are some seriously nice builds! Did you make the cabinett yourself, Janne?

jpm83

Quote from: syndromet on August 05, 2007, 01:45:03 PM
Damn, momo and jpm83! Those are some seriously nice builds! Did you make the cabinett yourself, Janne?
Thanks. Yes I made cabinet myself from pine wood and ply wood. It's coated with old felt carpet and grille is kind of sweat suit fabric.

Janne

obelix

janne

could the noisy cricket do an acceptable clean sound?