Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Transtube 212 EFX

Started by gbono, May 27, 2015, 12:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

Or CALL the SERVICE department at Peavey, not Customer Service, just the service (repair) department.  Ask if they would be able to repair that DFX card.  I suspect - though ask first - that you could send them the card by itself.  Just because the parts are obsolete does not mean they do not have a pile of dead boards to rob parts from in the repair shop.  Ask what they would charge for such service.  That might wind up being more efficient than screwing around trying to source parts or trying to modify the amp circuitry.

Their rates have always been very reasonable.

gbono

Thanks JM and Enzo for the alternative solutions.

I'm going to order the Alesis module from PCM63.COM since I have several other projects that this might work in - interesting site.

I will call the service dept and see what the cost is to repair the EFX board.

I have the regulator and I'm waiting on the inductor and capacitor - still want to pursue fixing the board I have in the amp.

A peavey 258 EFX has been on the local craigslist and I'm trying to get in touch with the seller since the amp appears to have issues (not FX related). Might be a good parts donner.

I'll post results as soon as I have something worth reporting.

gbono

Postscript

Replaced the +5V regulator and the DSP chip is still loading down the output. I have to assume the DSP is frapped. I'm going to part out the amp and enclosure at this point.

Enzo

Or defeat and bypass the FX and do without them.