Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Boss Katana50 MK1

Started by Monkeyb61, October 17, 2022, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeyb61

Hi,
Does anyone know if the existence of a schematic for a  Boss Kantana 50 is available ?

It seems only to exist in people heads like the fabled unicorn.

Regards.   

joecool85

It is very unlikely you will find a schematic for this now, if ever.  It's possible you will find a wiring schematic that breaks down how things hook up inside (PCB 1 goes to pins A, B, C etc).

For what reason do you need the schematic?  Most times amps like this either break with a simple thing (need to resolder a jack, or replace a potentiometer, maybe blown speaker) or are completely unfixable (DSP module dies).
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Monkeyb61

I bought the amp second hand, No output or function lights working.

I believe the main power amp TDA7293V had been damaged by a power spike and found to be fried.

I replaced the chip and it checked all components upstream from the chip. All were found to within spec, but the the amp still is dead.

Any idea's would be apricated.

Thanks 

Jazz P Bass

Tried a Factory Reset?
Hold down the Panel button & turn the unit on.
All of the LEDs should begin to blink.
If not, you are SOL.
Have you checked each voltage regulator?

g1

Many Boss/Roland schematics seem like fabled unicorns if you are not authorized to have them.  :)  They are very protective of their IP.
I'm a bit surprised to see the MkII is leaked and available online.  The MkI is not though.
Here is a thread with a couple bits of the schem and some info about the less common pcb mount fuses:
https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/amplification/guitar-amps/maintenance-troubleshooting-repair/963156-need-help-repairing-a-boss-katana-50-mk1