Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

mpf 102 substitution,.pls help

Started by nikkram17, April 25, 2014, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkram17

hi guys,.im having trouble building noisy cricket,. unfortunately mpf 102 is not available in our place,is their a susbtitution for mpf 102 without alteration on the schematics? or is their a way that ill just skip on the mpf 102 part? if yes can anyone help me on wiring?

Roly

If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

nikkram17

thanks roly  :dbtu:

i just PM'ed my reply stating on whats troubling me..

damn this hobby! its reealllyyy addictive..

Roly

Quote from: nikkram17 on April 25, 2014, 03:24:26 PM
damn this hobby! its reealllyyy addictive..

Ah yes.  I got interested before I was a teenager, building battery powered valve radios.  Now I'm 65, retired, and still tinkering after a professional lifetime in the field.   I still find it more interesting than fishing or golf.  :duh :lmao:  :dbtu:

nikkram17

well age doesn't really matter,.i think i should call you SIR Roly,.is it ok with you,.i just got interested in this amp making just this time coz i realize,buying a premade amps are expensive and wondered while watching my practice amp which is the behringer,. i got bored playing it and listening to its sound,. hehehe,.

Roly

Quote from: nikkram17i think i should call you SIR Roly

:lmao:

Properly that would be Sir Roland, but nobody calls me Roland (and a few other people around here would deserve the same) so just Roly is fine.

I do understand and appreciate the veneration, I've had young chaps from India and Indonesia insist on calling me "sir", but we Australians are very informal you know, my son sometimes calls me "old bastard" as a term of affection.

Got your address, the FET's will be in the post on Monday.   :tu:

The Philippines are not that far away from Australia, only a short swim.  ;)

nikkram17

your son seems to be rude,.here in the philippines, we always respect old people.,its our culture giving respect,. calling you old bastard is too harsh.. but i understand your culture, that's how young people on your country show some respect..(i think so?) hehe..

anyways,thanks a lot for the FET's roly.. a very much thanks,.

hahaha..i doubt it,. i cant imagine swimming this far,specially for me who don't know how to swim..ahahaha

Roly

Yeah, it's a funny thing, but he would be giving me a big hug as he says it.  It comes from a cultural characteristic of an odd and dry sense of humour, the use of gross understatements or opposites.

I can imagine someone rolling their car a few times, writing it off, and climbing out of the mangled wreckage and saying something like "Well ... that was fun", or "I seem to have scratched the paint a bit", making light of a disaster - nobody got hurt and it's only a car, my pride and joy maybe, but what's done is done.

Similarly when he calls me "a grumpy old bastard" it's an opposite, he's saying that I laugh and make jokes and we have fun together.  It's when a stranger calls you "mate" that you might have to watch out.

In the old days a bushie might say they had "a spot of bother" or were "a bit delayed" meaning a raging bushfire burned down the homestead or they had to swim flooded rivers.   :o

nikkram17

now i'm starting to understand your culture.. i find it cool and sweet in a rude way.. :dbtu: hehehe.. i think its just how they show love in a sneaky way..hehe.. how old is your sibling/s roly?

how i wish i can do that to my father.. i find it cool and very sweet,but i dont think i cant do that,. maybe he'll misinterpret it..

:cheesy:

Roly

32, as big as a phone booth, 3 kids, A-grade mechanic.

When I was young I traveled and lived overseas, NZ, PNG, Indon, Malay, Hong Kong, Japan, S.E Asia, M.East, Europe, schooled and worked in electronics+cinema projectionist+roadie in UK.

Everywhere is different.

---

Mars was obviously in opposition to Venus for me this morning ... or something.
Bad night.
Get up, kick on 'puter, and "oh dear, we seems to have a complete engine failure just after V1, rotate, V2, boomwhatthe :crazy2: wasthat?" :o :trouble

It got better from there, but I'm on plan B, (fiiiiinally) getting the BB dongle to run with a small laptop. :-X

So normal service/accuracy may be seriously limited until I dig out a undead PSU (I think, I hope, says he "shotgunning" :loco).

All the s/w here is new, so my customised environment, macro library, etc., is all over there, and this keythingy is ... welll, a lot less fluid.

nikkram17

thats cool.. 32 y.o. probably you had a grandchild? i think., heheh..

wooowww!! your some kind of a traveler.. hmmm..i think traveler is not the right word, more on a explorer,,ehhehe..that's nice..

how i wish i could be in that places you mentioned...

what's a roadie anyway?  :duh

Roly

Roadcrew, Film crew (sound/grip), special Fx, lighting, mixer/recorder, stage-manager.

http://youtu.be/V5P1Vkzel4k

sajy_ho

2N3819 is a nice replacement but with different pinout: D-G-S

Roly

That was my first thought, but they are uncommon with my suppliers and everybody has MPF102's.

For some odd reason FET's are hard to get in parts of SE Asia, which is boggling for the Philippines coz I'll bet they are MADE there!  Howsoever, there and in parts of Indonesia the local electronics suppliers don't seem to carry FET's of any sort, much less small signal.

Chinese suppliers will send me post free MPF102's for cents each in 100 up.

This is something to possibly try in place of your FET-in-transit;

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/circuits/transistor/darlington-pair-amplifier.php