Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 10:55:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Lm3875 Guitar amps

Started by pete.a, October 10, 2008, 04:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete.a

Hi all ,

New to this forum ,but not to diy electronics.
Been thinking about a chip amp based practice amp , as iv'e just started learning to play the guitar at a ripe old age of Thirty....Nine.
Got a couple of left over Lm3875 chips from a previous project, and want to build a decent practice amp...been given a little amp called a Gorillla..but i use the headphone output from the digitech effects pedal that came with the guitar. I find it pleases everyone at present...but it would be nice to build a decent amp...
Going from past chip built hifi amps . Does a chip guitar amp require a bass and treble circuit adding?.got there in the end..sorry to ramble on.

joecool85

My chipamps were built just like a hifi amp, then used just as a poweramp.  I then hooked a preamp with all the EQ settings and what not in front of the hifi chipamp.  Works great.  I love those little LM3875 chips, they sound great!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

pete.a

Id kind of guessed there suitability for instrument amps , and yeh agree with you on the sound quality of them. But they dont scare my main system kit built power amps...thats a another story on a different forum . My guitar sounded excellent through the main system, via the effect's box. Only problem with that is , the whole street get's to hear all the duff finger work .... :lmao: :'( :'( :'(

I'll start building an amp when time permitts..maybe after xmas..Buddy at work has an old 50w guitar amp that need's tidying up..new front grill cloth etc...might have most of the hardware required for this build... :tu: