Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Acoustasonic Junior PR 334 - distortion at all volume levels

Started by rickyboy1959, December 07, 2015, 10:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickyboy1959

My Acoustasonic Junior PR 334 has a distorted sound at all volume levels.  Low notes in particular generate a fuzzy tone, almost as if I were using some gain.  I'm a novice and unable to test circuits.  However, I disconnected each speaker (and the horn), and experienced the same poor quality sound as I added each speaker and horn, one at a time, and in various combinations.  I connected both Acoustasonic speakers to a Kustom amplifier and the sound remained poor.  I connected the Acoustasonic amplifier to a Kustom speaker and the sound improved.  Any help would be appreciated.

Enzo

If a speaker sounds crappy connected to a number of amps, then the speaker is probably bad.  if it sounded OK through a different amp, then it would be OK.  But if your Kustom sounds OK through other speakers but bad through these, then these are likely bad.  Likewise, if it sounds better when you play the amp through different speakers, that suggests the amp part is OK.

Where are you?  Replacement speakers can be had from a Fender dealer.  You COULD recone them, but that would probably cost as much as new speakers, so...