Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

New Member with Marshall 3505 Micro Bass - Would Like More Overdrive & Top End

Started by Dino Boreanaz, January 05, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g1

Like Enzo said, it's just as likely there is something wrong with your amp.
Aside from that, you are using a humbucker and have all amp controls set to full?
That is how he gets that sound.

Dino Boreanaz

The only control that I did not previously have set to maximum was the volume, but with everyone out of the house this evening I plugged in a guitar with a humbucker, turned the volume up to full, and played around a bit.  I was quite surprised at how much difference it made!  Although certainly not high-gain, there is a nice, gritty breakup that was not present at lower volume.  So I don't think there is anything wrong with the amp and I now understand how the tone in the video was achieved (exactly like he said it was!).

I asked Marshall for the schematic for this amp and they provided it to me, so I'd like to get some feedback on whether it would be possible to get some more distortion at lower volumes from this circuit.  I'll create a new topic with the schematic so as not to confuse members with my (now pointless) comparison to another amp.