Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Ibanez amp issues

Started by jcgss77, September 17, 2011, 07:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgss77

Hello all, I am seeking some guidance on the problem in my Ibanez ToneBlaster 100H.  When I turned it on, the volume was basically nonexistent.  I had to dime it just to get a tiny amount of volume.  The distortion still works from what I can hear, so that tells me the problem is in the poweramp section.

There are 2 sources which are suspect to the disorder:

A couple children were flipping the power switch on and off repeatedly while the power was on,

and I hooked up a Boss MegaDistortion which seemed to be acting a little wierd.

Can anyone please give me some guidance?  I can post pictures of the inside of the amp if that will help at all.  Thank you!

morgoth2006

Well, you can try to plug a different preamp on the FX return. If no sound comes out then the problem is in the power amp.
Pictures are always nice.

jcgss77

I currently do not have a different preamp which I can hook up, but like I said in the above post the distortion seems to be working fine, just there is extremely low volume.  I will post gutshots in a few hours.

J M Fahey

The "different preamp" may well be the headphone output from some CD or MP3 player.
Not strong enough to drive it to full power, but will do to check whether it works or not.

jcgss77

Thank you for your replies.  I will try the different preamp as soon as I can and post gut pics, I work long hours 3rd shift with a family.  I really hope to get this fixed!