Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

yamaha hundred410

Started by alfredomatta, June 14, 2010, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfredomatta

hey everyone.. i have a yamaha hundred410 that i got second hand for pretty cheap and a princeton 65 solid state combo that i really really like..

i like the yamaha's sound but it feels like it needs a bit more headroom.. would replacing the speakers actually fix that, or is that all about the actual amplifier??

thanks in advance..

J M Fahey

The original speakers are *very* good.  :tu:

alfredomatta

i agree.. they sound good and considering what i paid, it was definitely a steal..

i just want it to sound more like the fender.. i know different amp are going to sound, well, different.. but i wanted to see if it was at all possible..

thanks

phatt

Well possible,, IF you plug the *princeton* into the 4 x10 speakers :tu:
Phil.

alfredomatta

Well possible,, IF you plug the *princeton* into the 4 x10 speakers
Phil.

would that be by plugging the yamaha to the princeton's effect loop out?? or would this have to be done by wiring them to the princeton amp?

phatt

Quote from: alfredomatta on June 15, 2010, 11:00:14 AM
Well possible,, IF you plug the *princeton* into the 4 x10 speakers
Phil.

would that be by plugging the yamaha to the princeton's effect loop out?? or would this have to be done by wiring them to the princeton amp?

No no no,,, Whoops sorry :-[
I mean the *Speaker out* on Princeton Driving the 4 speakers in the Yamaha.

Connect The princeton *speaker output* to the speakers in the *Yamaha box*.
*****I'm assuming you understand that you *NEVER* join 2 Amps together at the speaker end?*****

Without the amps in front of me I don't know if it's straight foward so if you are not sure don't mess with it.
Phil.

alfredomatta

i see.. well the princeton does not have a "line out" or "speaker out" jack.. it only has the effects send and return.. i have tried hooking up the yamaha to the send jack on the princeton but it seems like the signal loses a lot of power by doing so.. i have to turn the volume up on the yamaha way higher than i usually would if i had the guitar plugged straight into it..

J M Fahey

Play it safe and leave it alone.
I consider the Yamaha a higher grade amplifier compared to the Princeton, although it does not have good distortion; the easiest problem in the world to solve.

phatt

alfredomatta,
                  Yep JMF is right, no speaker out,,, then scap it till you learn more. :tu:
Phil.

alfredomatta