Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:03:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Pro 185

Started by aentresz, July 06, 2012, 01:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aentresz

Hi all.... I have a Fender Pro 185 amp, and it has two controls (presence and contour)  which only work on the O/D channel (how the amp was built)... I wish to modify it so that they work on the clean channel too... I know people have done things like this with tube amps , but is it possible on a SS amp ? I've been trying to hunt down a schematic for the amp... no such luck... I'll contact Fender and if they send me one I'll post it here.

Regards,
Aaron

J M Fahey

Short answer: no.
Because these are not real presence controls but the equalization for the built in distortion pedal.
The "presence" actually is a regular "tone" control to shave some of the buzzy edge from distortion and "contour" is basically a mid killing control to get closer to a death/thrash metal sound.
Not very useful on the clean channel.

Enzo

Fender should send them, but if not, we can find them.   I only have any of that series on paper, and they are large 11x17 copies I'd have to scan in pieces.

joecool85

Quote from: Enzo on July 06, 2012, 07:40:37 PM
Fender should send them, but if not, we can find them.   I only have any of that series on paper, and they are large 11x17 copies I'd have to scan in pieces.

I'm surprised they aren't on Fender's website along with all the other schematics.  I agree though, ask and they will probably send them to you.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Enzo

The Fender has a long list of schematics on their web site but it is not remotely all of them or even a large percentage of them.  It is the more common and more recent models for the most part.