Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender AMPs problems

Started by Ace-of-guitars, June 24, 2015, 09:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace-of-guitars

Help people fix their fender amps without paying too much!

Ace-of-guitars

Ok. So I have a weird problem. I was just going to play when I noticed no sound coming from my amp. I tried playing around with the volume knob and magic! The PRESET changed!

Please help!

phatt

Need a bit more detail than that to be able to help. 8|
OK it's a Fender ,,, but what Model?
Did the amp work again after the preset changed?
Does it have digital modeling and stuff like that?

Phil.

J M Fahey

Typical phone conversation heard at a Tech Shop, at least once a week:
- ring ring
- hello, Techservice here, who is it?
- huh? .... the amp guys?
- I guess so, how can I help you?
- is my amp ready yet?
- dunno, which one is it?
- the one I left short ago (that means anything between 2 hours and 2 years)
- ok, but *which*  one?
- the one which was broken .......
- ........ sure, but what brand, model?
- it's a Fender
- ok, which Fender?
- ....... it's black ........

You think I'm exaggerating?
The very last call recorded by my phone was earlier today, at around  6 or 7 PM (around midnight here now): "hi Juan, I'm Carlos, I bought a couple speakers from you around 20 years ago, hope you remember me ......... "
No kidding.

LateDev

Quote from: Ace-of-guitars on June 24, 2015, 09:26:19 AM
Ok. So I have a weird problem. I was just going to play when I noticed no sound coming from my amp. I tried playing around with the volume knob and magic! The PRESET changed!

Please help!

Did you try plugging it in ?

Whenever you report problems to anyone, be that on line or over the phone, be as detailed as possible, and always check what you would consider silly little things.
Someone trips over a lead and pulls a wire out of a mains plug, or dislodges a plug is not unheard of, check everything and report everything. You would not believe how many times you can get "my x doesn't work". "Well is the little light on", "erm no".

nosaj

Quote from: Ace-of-guitars on June 24, 2015, 09:26:19 AM

Please help!
I took it as a sarcastic post to as how the user fixed his own problem by fiddling with the vol knob..

nosaj