Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Bandit 112 Silver Stripe - New Cab for MIDI Guitar

Started by aoresteen, April 09, 2013, 02:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aoresteen

I built a MIDI guitar from a gold Squier:

Full story on this build here:

http://www.squier-talk.com/forum/squier-stratocasters/14351-goldie-part-2-midi-lots-photos.html

Now I'm setting up the amp.  I choose the Peavey Bandit 112 SIlver Stripe and had a new cab made for it to hold the amp and two rack MIDI devices:

The MIDI controler is a Yamaha G50 that will drive the Alesis QSR MIDI sound module.  Output from the QSR will go to the Effects return.  The Bandit 112 will be modded to provide switched 110 AC power to the MIDI rack devices and I will put a set of effect loop jacks on the rear of the chasis for easier cabling.

Next to do is the custom cab with speakers (I'm thinking a 15", with a 12" and 10") and a new pedal board that will control it all.
Tony Oresteen
Peavey Bandit Silver Strip, Revolution 112
Marshall MOSFET Lead 100 3210
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

J M Fahey

Hey!! COOL idea !!!!  :dbtu: :dbtu:
I have many times done a similar thing. :loco

Most of my amps and preamps are rack mountable  8) and have the proper dimensions, *but* my homemade chassis are not *that* precise to guarantee they will fit in *any* rack in the World (the idea behind racking anything), so when a customer requires such capability I either ask him to bring his rack so I can measure it and put holes in my panels the proper place, *or* when they dream on "adding some rack stuff someday" I do what you did: I offer , for a small extra fee, to supply my amp in a wooden and covered homemade "rack cabinet" similar to yours, leaving below 1 to 3 empty "U" rack spaces (multiples of 44 mm).
Funny thing is that many times those rack spaces go empty for years or forever. :duh

PS: beautiful guitar and cool idea  :dbtu: