Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Interesting device for an output stage.

Started by rowdy_riemer, February 11, 2011, 03:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdy_riemer

KMG

J M Fahey

Excellent for ultra-compact ultra-simple power amps, combos, or powered speakers.
Personally I would use the driver with regular VMos because of availability and price, but the "single transistor"  ;) one has its merits too.
Any idea about cost and availability?
You guys made my day, thanks. :tu:

rowdy_riemer

The only prices I can find are in British currency.

rowdy_riemer

I think their ALFET line is pretty new and not widely distributed yet. There site, http://www.semelab.com/magnatec/alfet.shtml , actually says the single package version is still in devolpment. I wish I could just look these up on Mouser and order. (and I wish my wife wouldn't give me sh*t about spending $$$ on my hobbies)

J M Fahey

Interesting and the price is reasonable.
I remember those TO3 Mos with two (equal) chips in parallel; this is the logical evolution.
Many ideas look simple and obvious ... afterwards, yet only some are the real pioneers.
They might even develop their own driver chip and offer the full package.
Thanks.

rowdy_riemer

gbono

Interesting device but when Semelab discontinues it there is no replacement - the market for dual N/P is DC converter, Load switch, LCD display driver, etc - BVDSS <30V. Better off with "discrete" MOSFETs in TO-220.

J M Fahey

Well, *this* one is somewhat special one.
These are Lateral (audio) Mosfets , not the common much cheaper Vertical ones, used in switchers of any kind.