Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

parts

Started by thehsdguy, January 20, 2016, 11:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehsdguy

Thank you all for your help... got it all back together.  For some odd reason I had to ground the new jack to the chassis to stop the buzzing but now it's beyer than new...
Thank you all again...

Enzo

Note in the photo of the old jack, right by your fingertip is a metal toothy ring around the jack threaded bushing.  it is part of a metal piece that goes on under the jack.  Note in the circuit board solder side photo, near the top are three solder points in a row.  But look at a later photo of the removed jack, it has only one contact to solder.  the other two were part of that toothy metal piece.  With that in place, it I s0ldered to the ground traces on the board, AND it makes good electrical contact with the chassis wall around the hole.

If you soldered in a new jack without that toothed piece, then you lacked the chassis ground.  I suspect that is why you had to ground the jack to the chassis.

thehsdguy

I did reinstall the toothed collar it must not been in contact with the chassis any more.  I soldered that toothed collar to the chassis and all is well...