Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender 85

Started by Swivelman21, July 01, 2013, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swivelman21

Hey there, I'm trying to get my fender 85 running again and need some assistance finding a part. It's the 4 diodes by the output transistors. C21-c24. Fender part number 00280118-000. What exactly is this diode. How do I explain this to my local electronic pts guy. I washed a lot of dishes for this amp and would appreciate any help.

phatt

How do you know the diodes are faulty?
If they are black and burnt then likely that blew up other (more expensive) parts.

How about you explain the symptoms before you do something that may/will just complicate the situation and make it harder to fix.
Cheers, Phil.

Roly

I'm looking at the Deluxe circuit which seems to have different part numbering, but "the 4 diodes by the output transistors" should be "CR" not "C", and why do you think they need replacing?

These diodes hardly ever give trouble, and when they do it's usually a symptom of something rather more serious, such as blown output transistor, and replacing them alone won't fix anything.

Please explain why you think they need replacing.

{cross-posted with Phil}
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

Enzo

Just a note, those are CR21 etc, not C21 etc...

Where did you get that part number?  The parts list with my schematic doesn't show that, it has them as 0028776-000. 

Generically they are fast diodes type BYV26E:
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/427/byv26-68021.pdf

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/BYV26E-TR/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtbRapU8LlZDyCGiloA6jXMNj6Wt52T%2fFo%3d

Tell your guy that is what you need, or just get them from MOuser.

Agree with phatt, how did we decide they were bad?  There is a whole lot of other parallel stuff in that part of the amp.