Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:19:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Headphone Amp Repair

Started by Exodus, November 11, 2014, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exodus

Hello

This is regarding a headphone amp and not a guitar but I thought I might as well as post it here.

The trouble was a, friend of mine plugged 110v amp into a 230v source and It went kabooley.(Stopped Working)

So is it possible to that It might just have been a blown fuse or is it time to discard it ?

Thank you

Enzo

We will have no idea, you will have to dig into it to find out.

Roly

Make, model, and circuit please.  The the moment we don't have any real idea what we are looking at.

As Enzo said, you will have to go for a dig inside.  It's really hard to predict because the damage from such an over-voltage could range from simply blowing the fuse right up to reducing the whole unit to a smoking ruin.

The first thing to look at, naturally, is the power supply, and if the unit has been defensively designed the damage might be confined and minimal - only testing will tell.

My policy is to remain optimistic until the full nature of damage is discovered - then you make the repair/replace decision.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.