Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Ampeg VH 140c combo question

Started by theHairr, June 13, 2016, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theHairr

Hello, this is my first post and hope to stick around!

Anyway, there's a vh140c combo, great condition, except one issue: the left speaker is out. I played on it and the right sounded awesome. That distortion is legendary.

Is there anybody that may understand the issue? If I need to go back to take pictures of anything I can, but it seemed like everything was in order. Look forward to response.

Enzo

It is a stereo amp, so first decide if it is the amp or the speaker/cord.  The right speaker works, so pull the speaker cord out of the right output jack and plug it into the left one.  Still no sound?  If the working speaker and cord make no sound out the left jack then the amp has the issues.

Left is the dry side I think, so it ought no matter if chorus is turned on or not, but do find out if the chorus being on makes a difference.

Plug the guitar into the left power amp in jack, NOW does sound come out the left speaker?  Plug the guitar into the right power amp in jack to hear what it ought to sound like.

QUite possible just a jack problem, so plug a spare cord from left preamp out jack to left power amp in jack.  Any help?

theHairr

Thanks for your fast reply! Hopefully soon I'll get to play on it again. I try those options out and get back with my findings. Even with one speaker 150 seems a good price.