Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Anyone heard of little practice amp Vintage 30?

Started by Cinefactus22, June 07, 2012, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinefactus22

Hello all!

This is my first post, not sure if I'm in the right spot...
I'm trying to find info on a little practice amp (8 or maybe 10 inch speaker) called a Vintage 30 (probably named to capitalize on the popularity of the celestion speaker of the same name). I doubt it had a celestion, didn't sound like it was 30 watts and had a modern tone, not vintage. This is why I want to find it, 15 years ago I played through this little amp and liked the tone. I would like to find one or preamp info on it. It sounded somewhat similar to a Peavey Ultra Plus high gain channel but was a little solid state combo.
All I remember was the model name, which was on the cloth, it was two channel with one eq, separate channel volumes, gain, a channel toggle (maybe button) and perhaps a headphone out.

Maybe after so many years I have over hyped it in my mind and its actual junk but it'd be nice to find one and tinker with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roly

If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

mexicanyella

Can you describe the amp's visuals? What sort of covering material, knobs on top or on the front, etc...Crate made a Vintage Club 30 in the early/mid '90s, but it was a tube amp...the ones I saw had the knobs on top and were covered in sort of a cream-colored Tolex, although I think some of the later ones were black. I recall people liking the way they sounded for the most part...? Are you sure it was solid state?

J M Fahey

mexicanyella

Hmm, never heard of one of those amps before, but...

...I think the Ultimate Guitar reviewer was just saying that using the amp was so bad an experience that such an amp would be only worth $30, at best. Not that he had one for sale.

He trashed the amp so thoroughly that I'd have to put that review in the useless category, making "Ultimate Guitar" pretty unworthy of its name, at least in this case. He sounded pretty inexperienced, and to have such a negative opinion with so few "assessment tools" at one's disposal suggests to me that the amp is probably worth a listen. It's impossible for any sound-producing, electric-guitar-oriented product to be all bad, because any sound will be useful somewhere for electric guitar music.