Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Tuberider MVT 1000FT ?

Started by skynyrd, July 04, 2010, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skynyrd

Anyone ever heard of or used this amp? It has a solid state power section and a 12ax7 preamp, great sounding amp, picked it up for $200

J M Fahey

Sounds interesting, post some pictures and any info (manual, schematic) that you got.
Thanks.

teemuk

The were a series of OEM amps for the "Rogue" brand. Likely made in Korea.

skynyrd

I can`t find a schematic or anything on the amp, I may try and google Rogue amps and see what I come up with. O had played other 12ax7 amps before like the Peavey Classic 50 and it just doesn`t have the crunchy sound like this one has. The amp also has a guitar tuner with LED`s built into the head, flip a switch tune and keep right on playing. It has a solid state power amp and the tube is evidentally buried inside the chassis as it isn`t visable from the outside. Will post up a short video video so you can see and hear it, I couldn`t believe how good it sounded and wasn`t in the market for another amp but the local guy made me a sweet deal and I walked out with it.

teemuk

skynyrd

That be it Teemuk,, pretty cool little amp, the different tones you can get just with the eq alone is pretty sweet. And I like the contour knob so you can make it fat and loose or tight as bark on a tree.

jim

I've had a Rogue tuberider mvt1000ft for 6 years. I bought it used for $100.00   It has been one heck of a great amp that really puts out, and i do mean "PUTS OUT- REAL NICE". About 3 years ago i bought a "Marshall MG 100 HDFX" full stack and it's "MADE IN VIET NAM". The Rogue has it all over the Marshall. It doesn't have the sound effects (it does have overdrive & reverb) built in but i do have sound effect boxes.  The Rogue has one heck of alot more punch, much better sound all the way around. I'm using it thru my two Marshall speaker cabinets and i will continue to use it. I am looking for another Rogue just in case i need a back-up. The Marshall MG 100 HDFX is junk. They have an issue with the power transformer crapping out and they are expensive to have repaired. The transformer + labor cost come close to the price of a new amp.  The speaker cabinets are great for the money. This model of Marshall is only selling because of it's name. It's pure junk. I've been playing for 46 years, yes, 46 years, and i've had alot of amps (which i won't get into here) but this little story is true.