Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Issue w/ Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Started by Don, November 06, 2014, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

My bad, I don't know why I keep wanting to call it a radiator. Yeah, I think that the issues have been found and tended to. This was literally a brand new amp, kinda ridiculous that Fender would forget a grommet and have one of those pins stuck between the metal and the tank. When I put it back into place it took a reasonable amount of force to do so, it wouldn't have just gotten stuck there by accident.

Anyways, I think this thread's come to an end. Thanks everyone for your help! I definitely learned a thing or two even though this was an easy fix.

Roly

Quote from: DonThis was literally a brand new amp

Ah, sorry, missed that bit; then it's clearly a tank manufacturing defect (which was in the back of my mind) because the amount of force needed to do that would have otherwise damaged something.

It is not unknown for disaffected employees to do stuff like this.

Glad it's now sorted.   :dbtu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

Enzo

The subassembly perched atop the pin probably happened in shipping the amp.  The amp is in the back of a semi-truck and bounces over a railroad track, and there it is.

Roly

Sorry Enzo, but for once I have to disagree.  The amount of force required to drive that pin between the plastic grommet and the floating chassis is quite considerable, and in an impact this could only come from the inertial mass of the floating sub-chassis which is quite light, and I just can't see that happening.  I'm inclined to the view that this happened before the tank was coupled to the inertial mass of the amplifier and case, before it was actually installed, and I'd call it a manufacturing defect.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.