Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

SansAmp clone - Tone control fine tunning.

Started by polo16mi, June 13, 2012, 11:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

Hi there:

I already mounted an amp, using a SansAmp clone as a preamp and a LM3886 as an amp.

I very happy with results. I sound very good.

Im unhappy just with the fact that the bass tone control dont change so much the sound.

It has a baxandall tone control as you can see in the pdf file that attached.

I wondering which mod can i make for obtain better response on bass control variation?

J M Fahey

Hi polo16.
There must be a mistake, either in wiring or in the PCB (maybe cracked tracks or unseen shorts, common in homemade PCBs), because the Bass control is very good.
In fact it's too "strong" for Musical Instruments, it boosts or cuts everything below 800Hz (10K+.022), so the *design* is good.
Did you use the proper pot?.
Good luck and may the winds blow towards Chile for the next 1000 Years.  ;)

Roly

I'll just remark that (apart from any specific problem with this particular build) the Baxandall tone control is almost universal in modern Hi-Fi's, stereos, and ghetto blasters, but is the least favored tonestack by guitarists who prefer Jones and "Jones-like" Fender and Marshall passive tonestacks.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

polo16mi

Thanks for our responses.

JM, i will unmount it, and double check that. However, i note little (not none) change of bass as i move the pot. Maybe some component not good.

BTW, hash are not trouble for now. Lots of tons of them has removed. The city looks like before the vulcano eruption. We survived it. Poor amount of job for the people is the real problem now. We need tourism return quickly, and so, wheel turn again.

Here a sample picture. The upper before, the other, now.

J M Fahey

UGH!!
Upper picture looks like a post-apocalyptic film, like after WW3 or asteroid hitting Earth.
Tourism will come back, but you need to advertise it (specially in Brazil).