Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Warwick xtreme 10.1

Started by shane, July 10, 2013, 10:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane

Hi Folks
Hving succesfuly fixed an Ashdown with some great advice from Enzo Roly and JM Fahey. I've now moved on to another repair, a Warwick xtreme 10.1. It had blown lots of stuff including most of the output transistors, the drivers and all the transistors to from the diff amp onwards (bias stuff etc). I replaced it all and it seems ok now except I have about 65mV of DC at the output. Is that too high or is it an acceptable amount? if not how do I adjust it out?

And yes I know the attached schem is from the tube path 10 but the power board in this amp is the same, with a few additions from the xtreme 10
Cheers
Shane

Roly

On the output stage circuit (PDF page 4/11) there is a pot shown in the emitter circuit of the input differential pair marked "P2" - my guess is that this is the trim to bring the residual output voltage to zero.

The amp should be allowed to warm up, say for 10-15 mins, and the idle current should be correctly set (again I'll guess at 10mA for each of the six output pairs), the input shorted, no load connected; then the trim pot carefully set for as small a residual as can be managed.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

shane

Thanks again Roly, managed to get it down to about 20mV. I think it'll be OK at that seems to work fine anyway!

Cheers
Shane

Enzo

65mv is not a big deal.  20mv is better.  Was that with a load or without?   If that was without a load, does the offset disappear when the load is applied?