Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

help with issue in my amp

Started by duclon, June 27, 2007, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

Looks great man, great to know you got it all worked out!  Could you post some sound clips maybe?

**edit**
Maybe I missed this, but what are you doing for a power amp on this circuit?  I'd love to see a schematic, or at least know what you are using for an IC.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

duclon

Quote from: joecool85 on July 07, 2007, 07:45:22 AM
Looks great man, great to know you got it all worked out!  Could you post some sound clips maybe?

**edit**
Maybe I missed this, but what are you doing for a power amp on this circuit?  I'd love to see a schematic, or at least know what you are using for an IC.
Well, the preamp I posted, I used 2 of them one for each channel, then into a standard fender style tone stack, I think any would have been good, then I combined the 2 signals to one using an opamp adder circuit and went into this.
i used a tda2003. at 8 ohms it's about 5 watts. I'm rebuilding the amp part now with a bridged mode circuit. there is an example of a bridge mode circuit on page 6 of this pdf. It works pretty good for a practice amp. http://www.utc-ic.com/spec/TDA2003.pdf
I still get some hum when I use one of my wall worts, but I think it may be the ac-dc converter.

mikfer

duclon,

A schematic after you've finished your project would be GREAT! I'm another newbie who has just built two versions of the Ruby amp from runoffgroove.com and am looking for another SS amp project, one that's puts out more power than the Ruby's do.

I, and others I'm sure, would like to see the final circuit when you're done.

duclon

I will, I'd be interested to see if someone sees mistakes or bad design. It works, but then it might not be that efficient or someone might see where my hum I originally had came from.
I'll try and do that next weekend.