Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Londoner L100, Sound City SC100R, Vermona Regent L100

Started by Bandito, April 03, 2024, 11:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandito

Hello! I bought an amp chassis on ebay and bit off more than I can chew.

It is a Sound City SC100R, without speakers and reverb tank.
I would like to turn it into a head. The amp is very appealing because all components are laid bare and there are no ICs.

Attached is the schematic and some other blurb about the amp.
Also traded as Londoner L100 and Sound City SC100R
https://www.vermona.com/support/vermona-heritage/ search for 100G

Which Reverb tank works with this amp?
How do I go about checking the device over without getting killed in the process?
Cheers,
Bernd.

saturated

Cool looking amp  8)

Might be time to get or build a dim bulb tester. 

Welcome to the forum

:)
I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

criticism, critique, derision, flaming, verbal abuse welcome

g1

That's not the right schematic for the G.  It's actually for a 1000S (printed on sheet).
100G schematic attached.  Shows 600 ohm impedance for the tank so 4EB2C1B tank should work.

Bandito

Thanks for your comments! Do you reckon this to be a good amp, worthy of resurrection?

g1

Quote from: Bandito on April 06, 2024, 04:15:56 PMWould this one work? https://www.hotroxuk.com/accutronics-blue-reverb-amc2bf3.html
That is too low input impedance.  If you want to go with that miniature type, use the AMC2EF2.  In my experience, the miniature type do not sound very good.
If there is not enough room for a 17" tank you can get a 9" type.  For MOD or Accutronics brand, 4EB2C1B is 17", 8EB2C1B or 9EB2c1B are 9" long types.
You may find them for less money at other UK sellers, like Watford valves, etc.

Bandito

Is there anyone in the south west of the UK who would like to look the amp over? It may not have much wrong with it at all. Small funds are available.

saturated

The guys here can help you get it running.  I would ask if you have tried it out yet but it seems like you know it has a problem..what did the seller say about it was it listed for parts or something? 

I would say plug it in and try it but I would hate to see it burn up some impossible to find outputs or something.

I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

criticism, critique, derision, flaming, verbal abuse welcome

Bandito

Its Alive! Built a box for and am really happy about it. Works with a small Accutronics plastic reverb tank, still sounds deeeeeeeep.